I explored many ideas while staying at the Lakeside Laboratory. In addition to being a biology field station, the laboratory hosts high school students for the summer. During my residency I dropped in on many of the classes and went on literal field trips to collect specimens, count invasive species, and learn about the various biomes around Northern Iowa.
- Used photogrammetry to commemorate recognizable locations around the grounds
- Explored using panoramas to capture the mood and movement in a place
- Trained a machine learning model to convert vector maps from around the world into “Iowa” style satellite maps.
- Created an experiment for visualizing audio recordings of animals in the area
- Explored ideas of non-linear time and deja-vu through video manipulation
- Investigated visualization and sonification of buoy data from the lake